The Ronald McDonald House, Missoula is located on the campus of Community Medical Center, between the west physicians building and the soccer fields at 3003 Fort Missoula Road. From Interstate 90, take the Reserve Street exit and turn south toward town. Drive approximately 4.5 miles and turn right onto Fort Missoula Road. The road is between the National Guard Armory and Larchmont Golf Course. Go approximately .5 miles and just past the hospital, turn right in front of the batting cages. We are the second building on the left. From Highway 93, driving into Missoula, highway 93 turns into Brooks. From Brooks turn left onto Reserve, then left again on Fort Missoula Road, just past the golf course. Go approximately .5 miles, just past the hospital, turn right in front of the batting cages. We are the second building on the left.
Our staff, both paid (2 full time and several part time) and unpaid-over 600 volunteer hours monthly, work diligently to make the Ronald McDonald House, Missoula a pleasant and safe place for our guests. Each guest is issued an electronic key which opens the front door, his/her room, the library and the laundry rooms. The outside doors are locked as a safety precaution for our guests and staff. Security is very important to us, therefore we may ask you to identify yourself and state your purpose when you come to the House to see a member of the staff or a guest.
- Gingerbread Contest– November 16-December 28, 2007. Sixth Annual Gingerbread Contest, gingerbread creations displayed at Southgate Mall in Missoula, entries judged, November 16th and available in Silent Auction November 17-25, winning bidders to pick up their gingerbread creations November 26, 2006. For entry forms- due November 11th- email [email protected].
- The Red Shoe Ball– April 18, 2008. Third Annual “No Black Tie…Just Red Shoes” event held at the Hilton Garden Inn with a special Ronald McDonald House twist. Live and silent auction art items available, sumptuous dinner catered by the Blue Canyon Restaurant with dancing following the live auction. Everyone is encouraged to wear RED SHOES for this event.will Information available on www.artfromtheheart.com after January 5, 2008. If you have an auction item that you wish to donate for this signature event, please contact Barbara at the email address below.
- Bitterroot Classic Triathlon– August 23, 2008. Third Annual “Mini-Tri”, 750 yard swim, 20 K bike and 5 K run held in historic Hamilton, Montana. Swim in fast 6 lane outdoor pool, bike through the scenic Stock Farm and run on the spectator friendly and flat(!) course to start and finish at the Bitterroot Aquatic Center. A great, fast course with a catered meal to finish a great day. Information and registration at www.bitterrootclassictriathlon.com,
- Ronald House Golf Marathon– June 19, 2008. Second Annual event to be held at the Linda Vista Golf Course on Lower Miller Creek Road. Thirty-six golfers play 100 holes, having filled their sponsor cards with friends and colleagues who have pledged to pay a set amount per hole for their sponsored golfer. A sponsored barbecue after the day of golf tops off this great event. We’re looking for a few more golfers for this fun event, please contact Barbara or Chris at the email addresses below.
- Barbara Wickel, Executive Director email Barbara
- Christopher Connor, Operations Director email Chris
I want to help:
- So you want to volunteer?
- So you want to make a gift